New Zealand Government Financial Performance Analysis: 2017-2022
High Value-Add Analysis #603 (HVA #603) provides a uniquely insightful and important analysis into the government financial performance of global benchmark New Zealand for the past five years (2017-2022) by using the Citizens’ Wealth framework and its 10 KPIs.
Senior decision-makers should care about government financial performance and position because government financial decisions directly affect the probability of debt, currency, and financial crises, which have a disproportionally large impact on the most disadvantaged.
- Learn why the Citizens' Wealth framework and its 10 KPIs have been called both "a quantum leap in government financial performance management" and "the greatest advance in sovereign risk analysis".
- Learn how to use the Citizens’ Wealth 10 KPIs to better understand and make higher integrity government financial prioritization and impact decisions.
- HVA #603 provides Excel files.
Additional knowledge, from a financial perspective, senior decision-makers will quickly gain from HVA #603:
- Key numbers to remember when analyzing the government financial performance of New Zealand.
- The Citizens’ Wealth framework with its 10 KPIs.
- Comparison of New Zealand Citizens' Wealth 2017-2022 Actual vs. Forecasted with four scenarios of nominal / real GDP and Government Total Net Worth as reported / adjusted for PP&E revaluations.
- Taxpayer Funds between 2018 and 2022 comparison of actual vs. forecasted.
- Contribution of the PP&E Revaluation Reserve to the Net Worth attributable to the Crown from 2018 to 2022.
- PP&E Annual Revaluations as a percentage of prior year PP&E.
- Comparison of actual and forecasted Gross and Net Debt figures for 2018-2022 by IMF and the New Zealand Government.
- Gross and Net Debt terms, components, and numbers for 2017 and 2022.