United States Citizens' Wealth 1974-2028: An Unprecedented Analysis on the Financial Performance of the US Federal Government
High Value-Add Analysis #610 (HVA #610) provides senior decision-makers an unprecedented analysis of the financial performance and position of the US Federal Government over the last 49 years (1974-2022) and projected next 6 years (2023-2028), by using the Citizens’ Wealth Framework (CWF) and its 12 KPIs. Total period of 55 years.
Senior decision-makers should care about government financial performance and position because government financial decisions directly affect the probability of debt, currency, and financial crises, which have a disproportionally large impact on the most financially vulnerable.
- Learn why the CWF and its 12 KPIs have been called both "a quantum leap in government financial performance management" and "the greatest advance in sovereign risk analysis".
- Learn how to use the Citizens’ Wealth 12 KPIs to better understand and make higher integrity government financial prioritization and impact decisions.
- Learn how to educate stakeholders on the benefits of using Citizens’ Wealth 12 KPIs to assess sovereign credit.
- Learn how to educate stakeholders on the importance of Citizens’ Wealth using the Government Total Balance Sheet (GTBS) based on international public sector accounting standards, in contrast with the financial debt and cash deficit metrics, which by definition include only a fraction of the GTBS and only include cash outflows, not economic costs, respectively.
- HVA #610 provides Excel files.
Additional knowledge from this HVA #610, from a financial perspective, senior decision-makers will quickly gain from understanding the past 49 years (1974-2022) and the projected next 6 years (2023 to 2028) financial performance of the US Federal Government:
- Citizens’ Wealth (CW1): Annual change in Citizens’ Wealth 1 (CW1) per person (KPI #1), Year-end CW1 per person (KPI #9), and CW1 as a percentage of GDP year-end (KPI #12) from 1974 to 2028.
- Government Total Net Worth (GTNW): Annual change in US Federal Government Total Net Worth (GTNW) per person (KPI #2), GTNW per person year-end (KPI #10), and GTNW as a percentage of GDP year-end (KPI #11) from 1974 to 2028.
- GDP Multiplier and Inverse Multiplier: GDP multiplier the US Federal Government obtained for the annual change in GTNW (KPI #4) and, conversely, the cost in GTNW for one additional unit of GDP (KPI #5) from 1974 to 2028.
- CW1 Return and Value Created/Destroyed: Annual CW1 return of the US Federal Government change in GTNW (KPI #6) and CW1 value created/destroyed per day (KPI #7) from 1974 to 2028.
- GTNW and Debt as a percentage of GDP: The difference in the change in the US Federal Government GTNW as a percentage of GDP, compared to change in gross debt and net debt as a percentage of GDP (1993-2028 and 2001-2028, respectively).
- Comparison of Federal, and State and Local Financials: Ratios of Federal vs. State and Local on GTNW, total assets, and total debts, from 2007 to 2022.
Projected vs. Actual Federal Projections: Examples of two decades (2001 to 2011 and 2012 to 2022) projected vs. actual financial performance from multiple sources.
- Value of US Federal Government Financials: Ten US Treasury Secretaries (1975 to 2022) insights on value of US Federal Government financials and US Department of Defense views on value of financial statement audits.